Building better higher education on the foundation of great teaching
Almost 50,000 faculty and administration registered to join us live at the 2020 inaugural event and REMOTE is back again on June 9-10, 2021. Join educators and decision makers from global universities and colleges to view and engage with presenters and peers on pedagogy, blended learning and best practices for student engagement online or on campus. REMOTE helps to design & deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for teachers and learners and provides keen insights for those involved in supporting education.
PREPARE FOR THE RIPPLE EFFECT OF THE PANDEMIC ON HIGHER EDUCATION
As the future of education evolves to support a world of hybrid teaching models, re-evaluating synchronous and asynchronous learning modes, creating innovative ways to engage students, addressing challenges around inequalities, building new policies, etc., we invite you to join us as we share the great things colleagues have learned and implemented:
- How to optimize online learning: leading with student success, access to learning via online courses, programs to retain and support students
- Equity first approaches: student engagement, all access and OER, racial justice, innovation in digital learning, inclusive teaching, gateway courses
- Developing and supporting robust systems: adopting new technologies, leveraging digital tools, online and hybrid course design, async and synchronous learning models
- Adapting to policies that address faculty and student facing challenges: safety measures, risk assessments, communications, mental health, administrative/staff considerations, etc.
- Lessons from COVID: taking cues from institutions and faculty that have taken action with effectiveness, sharing what's worked, examples and strategies
- Economic impact: reduced enrollments, reductions in staff, students and families struggling with reduced incomes, job losses, sizable gaps by race, class and institution type
- How to partner with technology companies to drive innovation and learning outcomes
- Techniques and strategies to support this year’s new-arrival college students through student-centric strategies, responding to student needs, fostering relationships and laying a strong foundation for the future
NOW IS THE TIME TO REBUILD AND FOR FACULTY AND ADMINSTRATORS
TO WORK TOGETHER TO ENSURE STUDENT SUCCESS
REMOTE brings together master practitioners across Higher Education to share the best of what was learned this past year. Hear how they lead their classes to take advantage of both remote and on campus opportunities, how they incorporate synchronous and asynchronous learning modes and how they embrace technology to build a better future for education.
A Letter from Our Executive Producer, David Levin
REMOTE began as an immediate response to the COVID crisis last spring. Designed as a straightforward way to equip faculty with the best tools and tips of remote and hybrid teaching, its goal was to support them as they began in-class work with students in the fall of 2020. Almost 50,000 faculty and administration registered to join us live, and the event exceeded all our expectations!
Hosted by Arizona State University, REMOTE is an independent conference wholly owned by the ASU Foundation.